Bishop Law Office Foster Child Scholarship
Bill Bishop and the Bishop Law Office are pleased to offer scholarships to motivated foster youth students to assist them in furthering their education.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in the final year of high school
- have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care after their 16th birthday; OR they must have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday.
- be under the age of 25 as of Jan 15, 2016
- Scholarship is for undergraduate studies only
Please write an original 400-600 word essay on:
- How has being a foster youth shaped you and prepared you for your future?
One winner will be awarded $1000.00 to be used toward your tuition, book or other school expenses.
Submissions must be received by Jan 15, 2016
How to Win:
1 winner will be selected and notified via provided contact information.
How to Apply:
There is no submission packet for this scholarship. All information can be found on this page.
Please send all submissions via email to: Scholarship@bishoplawoffice.com
Please include the following:
- Include your essay as an email attachment (.docx , .doc, or .txt files are best)
- Include your Full Name, email address, Mailing Address, and a phone number at the top of your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner.
- Please include 1-2 sentences about yourself (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future)
Please DO NOT include:
- CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or transcripts
- Please DO NOT call asking where to send your essay. Send your submission to Scholarship@bishoplawoffice.com