Foster Youth Scholarship
Bishop Law Offices, P.C. Foster Child Scholarship
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in the final year of high school
- have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care after their 16th birthday; OR they must have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday.
- be under the age of 25 as of Jan 15, 2016
- Scholarship is for undergraduate studies only
Please write an original 400-600 word essay on:
- How has being a foster youth shaped you and prepared you for your future?
One winner will be awarded $1000.00 to be used toward your tuition, book or other school expenses.
Submissions must be received by Jan 15, 2016
How to Win:
1 winner will be selected and notified via provided contact information.
How to Apply:
There is no submission packet for this scholarship. All information can be found on this page.
Please send all submissions via email to: Scholarship@bishoplawoffice.com
Please include the following:
- Include your essay as an email attachment (.docx , .doc, or .txt files are best)
- Include your Full Name, email address, Mailing Address, and a phone number at the top of your essay. This will be the information that we use to contact you if your essay is selected as the winner.
- Please include 1-2 sentences about yourself (What school, college or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future)
Please DO NOT include:
- CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or transcripts
- Please DO NOT call asking where to send your essay. Send your submission to Scholarship@bishoplawoffice.com